Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

More Than You Can Imagine

Years ago Asian carp were planted into the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers.  At first look, the picture seems like a fisherman's paradise. However, the jumping carp have become a problem to the fishermen and have filled other rivers in the Central United States. They have injured people in their boats and even threaten to invade the Great Lakes.

The picture made me think of the life God wants us to have--not the problem--but the abundance. More than we can imagine. In John 10:10 Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." It occurred to me that my lack of faith often limits God's work in my life. Trusting God to become all He wants me to be sends me on the adventure of a lifetime.

Yesterday was proof to me that I can trust God even in a Board of Directors meeting. We had to discuss several hot issues and I was nervous with my presentation. The others and I had prayed and trusted God during the week before, but we were still amazed how God stretched us and brought peace, growth and unity. Each of us left excited about the decisions we made and how they will benefit the people in our organization.

Prayer
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for wanting more for us than we can imagine. Thank you that as we trust you, you increase our faith and love for each other. Amen.