- The New Jerusalem will come down from heaven prepared as a bride for her husband on their wedding day.
- The walls will be of jasper (that means diamonds).
- Each of the twelve gates will be a single pearl.
- The foundations of the walls will be of precious jewels--jasper, sapphire, chalcedony, emerald, sardonyx, carnelian, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprase, jacinth and amethyst.
- The streets will be of pure gold.
- There will be no evil, shame, or deceit.
- There will be no tears, pain or suffering.
- There will be no sun, moon or stars because the glory of God will give it light.
- There will be no temple because the Lord God and the Lamb will be our temple.
- Jesus, the Lamb, will be it's lamp.
- The nations will walk by it's light.
- The City of God will be as long as it is wide as it is high--1400 miles cubed (as far as from San Francisco to Chicago).
Things in the world are changing rapidly--the weather, politics, nations against nations. No one knows the hour or the day when Jesus will come again--only the Father. As sure as the waters flooded the world in Noah's time, that day is coming. Will you be ready?
Here are some great resources for you to consider:
Heaven by Randy Alcorn
Heaven is Real by Todd Burpo
Lord Jesus, open the eyes of everyone to their need for you. Comfort the broken hearted and rescue the suffering. Help our unbelief and lead us to trust You today and forever. Amen.