Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Let God Love You More

Verse: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NIV

Now that Christmas 2011 is behind us and the New Year has already started, I have this great feeling of new beginnings. I want to do all those wonderful things that I bet are on your New Years Resolutions too:
  1. Lose weight.
  2. Drink more water.
  3. Exercise more.
  4. Give more.
  5. Save more.
  6. Spend less.
  7. Get organized.
  8. Stay organized.
  9. Plan my work.
  10. Work my plan.
I have to admit whenever I make New Years Resolutions, I fail within the first week. Yesterday in church I heard a new concept--Let God love you more. How could God love me more? Maybe He can't, but I can acknowledge more of His love if I am quiet in His presence and if I commit more time to prayer. When I think about it, experiencing more of God's love will require a response to love and serve Him better.

I think that means I will be doing the things on the above list--not in my power, but by trusting God in response to His amazing love and knowing He will finish the good work He started in me.

How do you approach the New Year? Are you making resolutions or will you let God love you more, then respond? 

Prayer
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for New Beginnings, for the hope we have in trusting You. Thank you that as we face new challenges and dreams, we can look to You for strength, faith and counsel. Amen.

2 comments:

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Love your Blog and your post! I will be a regular reader! Thanks for stopping by!

Sue Tornai said...

That is awesome! Thank you for joining my audience.