Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Life With Purpose

When Tim Tebow became an NFL quarterback, his dad said, "This is the time to write your book. You have a built-in platform."  Most writers have to work years to develop a platform so publishers will pay attention to their book proposals. Not only did Tim Tebow write his book, Through My Eyes, he uses his position to let his team players know he cares about them. His life purpose is to find ways to introduce people to God's amazing love.

Zechariah told his son, John the Baptist, "And you my child will be a prophet of the Most High for you will go before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of sins because of the tender mercy of our God . . ." Luke 1:76-78 NIV.

While I think it would have been wonderful for my dad to tell me my life's purpose, I am without excuse, because Jesus' last words to His disciples (and every believer) were, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35 NIV.

Application
I may not have the benefit of a built-in platform, but I pray for God to teach me to love as He does. I write for His glory whether for magazines, anthologies, blogs or curriculum to reach more people than I could ever come face to face with.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me a life of purpose. Show me your way and teach me your paths. Strengthen me with your word and mercy that I may accomplish your will in my life. Amen.

No comments: