Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

God's Kingdom Grows and Grows

In the parable of the King's Ten Servants, Luke 19:11-27, the period between the time the King left and His return is an image of the time between Jesus' resurrection and His return. Some of the King's servants heard the words, "Well done, my good servant. Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities."

When Jesus returns, I want to hear those words, "Well done, my good servant." I doubt that He will put me in charge of ten cities, but whatever responsibility He gives me, I will be qualified to do.

He has given each of us gifts, talents and resources to carry out His plan on earth. When He returns, I hope He finds me busy at work. His Kingdom grows and grows as we faithfully use our gifts to serve Him.

Lord, strengthen me to serve so I won't grow faint hearted or tired.

No comments: