Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

To God be the Glory

Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness. Psalm 115:1

Writers love to see their bylines and work in print. I'm no different. Yet, I have to caution myself against pride. I cannot take the credit for the work because that glory goes to God. I prayed for the opportunities and when I accepted them, I prayed every step of the way for God to inspire me and show me the right resources for the projects. When the blank screen stared me in the face, I prayed for the words that would touch people's hearts. I prayed for God's help in the editing and rewriting and more rewriting. And after I packaged the project for submission, I prayed before I pressed the "send" button or put the manuscript in the U. S. Mail.

I am thankful for God's calling on my life to write things that touch others' hearts, and even more thankful that He is faithful to finish the work He has begun in me. My God is a wonderful Partner and Friend.

Father God, thank you for your gifts and callings. Thank you that you never leave us alone to accomplish Your will. Thank you for your faithfulness. Amen.

1 comment:

Janet Martin said...

Amen! I think every writer can relate to your words here. I love the scripture verse you shared as well. Thank-you for shining for Him.