Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Jesus Prays for Us

During Jesus' last days with His friends, He knew which one would deny Him and which one would betray Him. He knew His friends would scatter, each to his own place. He said to Peter,
Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you. Luke 22:31
We all face Satan at some time or other in our lives, but we can be comforted knowing Jesus prays for us. We are not left alone on earth to defend ourselves. God gave us His word to inspire and encourage us. He gave His only Son for the forgiveness of our sins.

Has Satan knocked on your door? Tempted you beyond what you feel capable of resisting? Say the powerful name of Jesus and trust Him to lead you away from darkness and into His light. He loves you, my friend.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for recording in Your Word that you pray for us. After you prayed for Peter, he became the rock of the early church. Strengthen us in our walk to live our lives pleasing to you. Amen.

7 comments:

quietspirit said...

One of my favorite passages is John chapter 17.

Sue Tornai said...

I agree. It is one of my favorite Scriptures too. Thank you for your comment.

Dontmissyoursunsetlady said...

Such a timely word! Thank you...

Sue Tornai said...

You are welcome. I am glad you stopped by.

HisPrincessWarrior said...

Oh Mrs. Sue… how I so badly needed this post. NEED this post. I think that by this point, Jesus would’ve given up on me… I’ve all but given up on Him… yes, I feel satan “knocking” so often every day. I feel so defeated. Thank you for this post. To think that the God of all the Universe would pray for me…

Sue Tornai said...

My Precious Friend,
I am so glad the post ministered to you. When you feel the power of Satan, say the name of Jesus. It is more powerful!! Satan doesn't stand a chance. I have been where you are and I know. We serve an amazing God. I am praying for you.
Blessings,
Sue

Janet Martin said...

Princesswarrior, Your last line brought tears to my eyes! Sue, thank-you for reminding us of the power in the name of Jesus!