Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Sowing Seeds - Mark 4:26-29

Jesus said, "The kingdom of God is like this. A man scatters seed on the ground; he sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts. The soil produces a crop by itself--first the blade, then the head, and then the ripe grain on the head. But as soon as the crop is ready, he sends for the sickle, because harvest has come."

When we plant seeds of faith, God causes the growth. He might use someone else to water and feed the weary souls but the harvest comes--thanks be to God.

Each of us has different talents and abilities but all for one purpose--to further the Kingdom of God. Whether we preach, teach, write, encourage or help others, His kingdom grows and grows.

Lord Jesus, be in me today. Take away my fear of reaching out to others, even those I don't know, with your love. It only takes a smile or an encouraging word or helping along the way. I need your help to fulfill the plan for your kingdom. Amen.

4 comments:

HisPrincessWarrior said...

I liked that. No matter what we do-- "whether we...write... We do it for Gods glory" :):):):):):) Sounds familiar!!! :D

Sue Tornai said...

I like the writing part. :)

HisPrincessWarrior said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog-- it was an encouragement/blessing!

Sue Tornai said...

You are welcome, sweet friend.