Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

We Are Favored

My eyes are the windows to my soul. I am who I think I am, so if my opinion of myself is low, I can change it. Why should I have negative feelings about myself if God made me in His image? I don't know, but I do. What about you? What do you do to overcome stinkin' thinkin'?

It helps me to remember that Mary isn't the only one who is highly favored by God. We are favored so much that God sent His only Son into the world to take the punishment for our sins so we wouldn't have to. He died on the cross for us, but thanks be to God, death could not hold Him. He rose from the grave victorious over sin and death to give us eternal life with Him.

What hope! We are God's workmanship. We can be whoever He wants us to be. How do we figure that out? He gives each of us gifts, talents, and abilities to use for His kingdom. The more we know Him through His word and His people, the bigger our desire is to become all He wants us to be. We might seem ordinary, but God wants us to be extraordinary for Him.

Lord Jesus, thank you for your favor and a prettier window to my soul. Thank you for making me a part of your kingdom. Help me to see all you want for me and to devote my time to the projects you have for me to work on. Amen.

4 comments:

Janice said...

I really needed to hear this right now! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this uplifting thought. Blessings, Janice

Sue Tornai said...

I am glad this post encouraged you. Praise God!

Xochi E. Dixon said...

Thanks for reminding us that we are highly favored because God loves us. You area beautiful woman of God, Sue. I am blessed to be on this journey with you, seeking God with all our heart and loving His people in word and deed.

Sue Tornai said...

You blessed my day, Xochi. Thank you.