Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

If Heaven Ain't a Lot Like This--It's Okay

Walking on a wooded trail near the shoreline of Lake Almanor, California, I feel close to God. The sun pours through the tops of the trees and a breeze kisses my brow. I hear sweet songs of birds and see families of deer. Lizards sometimes skitter through the manzanita. My walks often turn into prayer walks when I praise God for the glorious setting, His mighty deeds, His word and grace, His love for my family and me. I talk to Him about things that concern me and draw strength knowing He is near. How could anything be better? As soon as the question comes to mind, the answer comes with it. Jesus promised He would always be with us. That means on earth as well as in heaven. When our mortality changes to immortality, we will see Him face to face. What hope we have in Jesus!

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand," Psalm 16:11 (NIV).

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your love and the hope your bring. Amen.

No comments: