Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

People Desperate to Hear Handel's Messiah

After the Galleria Mall in Roseville, California recovered from a fire, its Public Relations Department invited the Sacramento Choir to sing Handel's Messiah on Monday, December 20, 2010 in an effort to kick off its re-opening. The performance was to begin at 7:30 but the Roseville Fire Department closed the mall at 7:00. Here is a news link. Below the video is a slide show. http://www.kcra.com/news/26204541/detail.html

The media says the flash mob caused the event to be a flop. Yet I am praising God that so many turned out to hear the names of Jesus sung by this beautiful choir.

I haven't had so much fun sitting in traffic as I did last night with my friend, Beth. We shared stories of Christmases past and enjoyed the lights, but we had to go home to hear Handel's Messiah on CD.

My wish is for you to have a Merry Christmas, and if you live in the greater Sacramento-Roseville area, I hope you'll visit the Galleria Mall. They've had two strikes against them this holiday season. I have a little more shopping to do, so I'm headed the the Galleria this morning.

No comments: