Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Who Am I?

Who am I that God loves me and cares for me? David asked the same question more beautifully in Psalm 8: “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?” NIV

In Psalm 139 David wrote:
“You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” NIV

I am in awe that the God of the universe loves me, even as I sit here in my t-shirt and blue jeans without makeup and with uncombed hair, a spooky sight for a woman over 60! No one else would even look at me, but He knows my name and the number of hairs on my head.

He actually loves me so much He sent His one and only Son to die on a cross for my sinful nature so I could be in a relationship with Him forever. This has been His plan since the beginning of creation. There is no way I could ever understand this, but I accept it by faith.

The Psalms demonstrate that David had an intimate relationship with this God of the universe. They are filled with prayers of deep emotions. Prayer is the link between us and our awesome God, a God who loves us and knows our needs before we could ever say them in our hearts or with our mouths. Through prayer and reading His word, He has become the desire of my heart, my deepest longings. He hears my prayers and teaches me His ways.

Thank you, Father, for your extreme love. Help me in my response to love you and others more to fulfill your plan and purpose.

3 comments:

ElizabethMThompson said...

Isn't it amazing how God loves us? Thanks for the tender reminder.

BTW, I love the new look of your site! It is very cheerful.

Have a blessed weekend!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Sue,

Your post blessed me. I love the new redecorating of your blog.

In Him, Joanne

John said...

This was well said.
God's love is amazing. Especially for someone like I use to be and am sometimes.