Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1
Happy Father's Day to God, my Savior, Mighty Counselor, Prince of Peace, and Friend. He is my confidence, faith and hope. Because of Jesus, I have an eternal inheritance.

Did you know that dynamic dads are fathered by God? I'm a parent, but being a child of God has not always been evident. Tears well up in my eyes when I think of how selfishness got in the way of my mothering. If you are a father (or mother) and have regrets, I have good news for you. Our God is the Father of second chances. It's never too late. Don't struggle alone. Ask God to help you, and He will. He helped me by turning the mess I made of my life into a message.

Once I experienced God's lavishing love, I could not contain it--I had to share it. There is something amazing in the next verse of 1 John 3. Check this out.
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
God accepts us as we are, but he wants us to be like Jesus. This verse is proof of that. How else will God's light shine into this dark world?


No comments: