Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love and Justice for America

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn revealed in The Harbinger how an ancient prophesy to Israel has shocking parallels to what is happening in America. Don't be deceived! The first time I read Isaiah 9:10, I thought it told about the human spirit. Check this out--"The bricks have fallen down, but we will rebuild with dressed stone; the fig trees have been felled, but we will replace them with cedars." American leaders have repeated these words, the same words used after the Assyrians destroyed Israel, and inspired a patriotic response. Wasn't it good for Americans to rally their support to rebuild bigger and better than before? But what if 911 was a wake up call? What if God saw America's response as defiance? What if He used terrorists to cause us to repent and look to Him for our protection and strength instead of ourselves?

Our forefathers founded America on faith in God, and our constitution is evidence of that. The men who established our government so many years ago made our laws to give us freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. How sad that our country leaders have removed God from our government and prayer from our schools. In their place, they added freedom of choice, the killing of millions of innocent babies, and thrown justice aside.

All this time God did not give up on America.  Many Americans are not aware of God's amazing love, because they depend on themselves and not God. Yet He loved us so much He gave (that's what love does--it gives) His only Son (all He had), so whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life (life with Him forever) John 3:16 -- my paraphrase. God made a way for us to live together and with Him in peace and love, but we have turned away.

I could not put The Harbinger down and I recommend it for all Americans. Although I prayed for my country before, I feel a greater urgency after reading this book. You will too.

If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land, 2 Chronicles 7:14.

Thank you, Father God, for America. We are sorry we have trampled your love and gifts. Send your Holy Spirit to convict and humble us. We can't save America on our own. We need you. We have always needed you. Raise leaders who will draw us back to you and your values. Amen.

No comments: