Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be Mine

"Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief." Cicero

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! King Solomon-Ecclesiastes 4:16

Friends are gifts from God wrapped in love and relationship. Jesus valued His circle of friends, and I do too. They inspire, encourage, comfort and counsel me. The sound of a friend's voice brings a smile to my face and draws me out of the doldrums. I love being with my friends for walks, shared lunches, or help in times of trouble. My very best friend is closer than a phone call or an e-mail or FB message. He is with me all the time and His name is Jesus. He wants to be your best friend too. He says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light," Matt. 11:28-30.

Think About It
Do you know Jesus as your Friend? He says in Revelation 3:20, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Imagine Jesus waiting at the door of your heart for you to invite Him in. He loves you so much that if He had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it (Max Lucado).

Pray About It
If you would like to ask Jesus into your heart, pray this prayer. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for not giving up on me. I have made choices and done things that are not pleasing to You, and I need You to forgive me and help me live for You. Amen.

No comments: