Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

God is Making All Things New

In springtime, Daffodils, tulips, irises, and poppies show off their brilliant colors. Heavenly scents and blossoms on fruit trees enhance every setting. Trees that have been bare all winter, leaf and fill in the landscape. Earth becomes a paradise--until the wind blows and fills the air with pollen. Then sounds of sneezing and coughing interrupt creation's symphony. 

Not everyone can enjoy the beauty of Spring without symptoms of hay fever. Everything grows in the Sacramento Valley where I live and lots of people, like me, endure the season with sneezing, coughing, itchy, runny eyes and noses. Walmart, CVS and Rite Aid stock up on antihistamines to reduce the symptoms but often turn us into groggy zombies.

Once again, I'm reminded that this is not my home. In my future lies a real Paradise where I long to experience springtime forever without sneezing, coughing, itchy, runny eyes and nose. Jesus said, "I am making all things new," (Rev. 21:5). To me that means beauty without the pollen. Our heavenly home will have no need of it because everything will be perfect and permanent--no need to reproduce.

Thank you, gracious Lord, for the hope you give us of spending eternity with you in the place you have prepared for us. Amen.

No comments: