Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Taste of Heaven


"Look at the nations and watch, and be utterly amazed" (Habakkuk 1:5 NIV).

At the base of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado Springs, Colorado is the Broadmoor, a five star resort. Here I am with my writing mentor, Dianne Butts, after registering for Writing for the Soul Conference.

We shared a delicious lunch in the Garden Room of the Tavern. Then we hung out in my lakeside room before we registered for the conference. Actually I registered and both of us networked before Dianne had to drive home.

The accomodations and the conference were a taste of Heaven. To say that every session, continuing class, workshop, and editor appointment inspired me is a huge understatement. I felt so blessed at mealtimes to meet other people with the same writing aspirations and goals as me; people who love God and desire to serve Him by developing their craft. The highlight for me was Sunday when we were treated in worship by the Colorado Cowboys for Jesus and with an encouraging message from Habakkuk 1:5 by Rev. Bill Oudemolen. I am watching and waiting to be amazed at what God will do in the nations and in me.

No comments: